RCU Forums - View Single Post - Synthesized TXs?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 07:41 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Synthesized TXs?

As is the case with Hitec, the older Prism 7X, the Optic 6 and the Eclipse 7 as well as one of their surface radios all can use either the 72Mhz (air band) or the 75Mhz (surface band) synth modules. All three also have selectable modulation shift.

An important thing to remember is to get the total capability of using any FM (PPM) Rx Dual or single conversion, It is also neccessary for the Tx to also have selectable modulation shift or you will still not have total compatability. This is of course does not apply if the Rx has auto or manual shift select But the majority out there do not.

The combination of Tx shift select and syth freq selection in the Tx is the key. Presently JR and Futaba do not have this combination on any of their Tx's. Futaba is about to get a syth module but there will be no shift select on their Tx's. Airtronics now has some Tx,s with shift select but no synth module. Polks radio is looking interesting.

I know most folks say that they don,t need these two features but if you stay in the activity any length of time it will surprise you when begin to acqure more and more airplanes that start showing up in your hanger and rx's of all descriptions. Most never begin to appriciate the versatility that is afforded untill they actually get a radio like that and result is always the same: I will never agine buy a radio without both Tx synth and modulation shift capability.

John