RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 3010 servos
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 06:04 AM
XJet
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 3010 servos

Since Hitec seem to have a "no warranty" policy for those customers who purchase from the USA but live outside North America, I'm faced with the prospect of changing brands.

Looking through the Futaba range of servos, the 3010 seems to be a nicely spec'd unit for up to .90-sized ships. Can anyone tender an opinion on these servos?

Are they robust, as strong as claimed (I know that Hitec's claims are sometimes a little exagerated), relatively slop-free, reliable?

I'd be using these instead of Hitec's HS475HB which is a nice enough little servo but, if I have to buy locally (NZ) to get any kind of warranty then I'd be paying US$36 each, or more than twice the US price of US$17. For US$11 *less* (US$25) I can buy the Futaba 3010 from a US retailer *and* get warranty support from Futaba USA.

Why don't I buy the Futaba 3010 servos locally? Well the local price tag of NZ$72 (US$54) each (versus US$25 from US retailers) might be one good reason!

The funny thing is that we don't have any import duty on RC gear here and the local sales tax is only 12.5% but most shops sell the stuff for over twice the US retail price! Is it any wonder that so many people around here import directly from the USA?

So what's the story on the 3010s, good, bad or indifferent?