RCU Forums - View Single Post - Koranda shares a vision
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 01:51 AM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Koranda shares a vision

Ione2fly

Yes, it is going to take money, and a lot of it, to do what many of us would like to see the AMA do: return to it's roots and promote aeromodeling. It is rapidly becoming obvious that the new ED was appointed to run the AMA. The EC is willing to set policy and let the ED run the organization... just as it was intended by the founders of the AMA. Could it be that increasing the membership and generating dollars with more members might mean holding the line on dues, or even decreasing it?

It's pretty clear, in his columns, from his responses to queries from RCU members, from phone calls other have related and from my personal discussions with him that the first order of business is the satisfaction of the existing membership. The AMA is not a SIG. It is the parent organization. The AMA is supposed to represent and serve all of aeromodeling.

Horrace

I hesitate to say this. You are going to like this guy.

Pick up the phone and call him. He almost sounded more like you, than you do, when I had the opportunity to talk to him on the topic of promoting the AMA.

If what I have heard rumored is correct, he made quite an impressive presentation on promoting modeling and the AMA last weekend in Indianapolis at the Strategic Planning Meeting. I have not yet talked to anyone that attended, so I have no details. I understand that DB missed the meeting.

Perhaps you could get the details on that meeting and tell us what happened.