RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tensor 4D Aerobatics Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 01:01 AM
accaptain
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tensor 4D Aerobatics Aircraft

Well I got up at 6:00Am this morning and there was no wind dead calm, so I went out in front of my house with the Tensor and decided to maiden it. I really had it setup for indoor flying but I figured no wind is just like indoors. I throttle up and took off from the street, it seemed to climb vertical or nose up really bad, I kind of freaked and though something was up so I decided to glide it into the front yard, BIG MISTAKE. This plane is very very fragile, I barely hit on the gear and it broke in half at the rear and where the gear goes through the fuselage. I was upset all day, so I cam home at lunch and said what the heck, I threw some ca over everything and took it back outside with more wind this time and no gear. I tossed it up and flew it around for about 2 min, I landed it on my driveway which wiped out the front, now the motor is hanging off it. I get home from work today and decide well I can't hurt it to much more and oh well if I do! I did a quick glue job and get the gear back under it. I take it out front again and take off on the street and I flew for about 3 min learning the airplane. I decided to land and I touched down on the gear but it immediately tipped onto its nose breaking the motor out again and breaking the fuselage at the gear. By now I REALLY don't care so I go in glue it back and fly it some more with the same results again and again. I got a wild hair at 9:30 tonight and decided to glue it again and fly it under the street light. To be honest with you I flew it more at 9:30PM then I did at 5:00PM, I was hovering right in front of me and really learning the plane at least what was left of it that glue was still holding! I get it out of wack in a hover and smack down on my driveway nose first which demolished the front. I think I am done with it. I stripped my gear out and am planning on either getting another and only flying it indoors or getting the Yak 54 Shockflyer. I do like how the Tensor flew its just built a little flimsy for my taste. I guess indoors on a smooth gym floor it would probably do good landing on the wheels and taking off. Anybody know another good strong foamie for my Axi 2208/34? Thanks folks I am now Tensor less from the freakin MAIDEN. Oh well its just FOAM I GUESS.

Later,
Accaptain