RCU Forums - View Single Post - Intersting article
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 09:01 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Intersting article

we like our club the way it is and don't need to change or get new members" attitude that is not in line with the spirit of AMA!
It's also not an attitude for long term survival. When I joined my current club, there was a limit of 75. I was #74 for that year. We later raised the limit to 100, then 125, then temporarily lifted the limit to let members of a nearby club join so they could have a place to fly till they found a new field. We never restored the limit.
We are principally a sport group. We've only had a couple people into any kind of competition. We have had a couple members who did have some sponsorship though.
We fly almost anything from small electrics through helicopters to large scale. Some of us fly control line and some sport Free Flight at the field when it's not crowded.
When somebody comes up with something new, most of us are interested in seeing it work. A lot of us wish there were something we could do to set up our runway so that turbines could use it.
There is only one thing we refuse to accept: Would be pilots who refuse to fly safely.
By the way, we are of course one of those 90/10 clubs... or maybe 85/15.