RCU Forums - View Single Post - Never coming to an AMA magazine near you . . .
Old 02-22-2005, 10:21 PM
the-plumber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never coming to an AMA magazine near you . . .

Hi all . . .

A bit of discourse, first . . .

I had the privilege of covering Thermal Thumbers of Metro Atlanta's Indoor FF Class A event last Saturday. Maybe the write up will see the light of day, maybe not.

The event was held at North Cobb High School in Acworth, GA. The school's mascot appear to be the "Warriors"; North Georgia is the original home of the Cherokee, before the govamint marched 'em off onto The Trail Of Tears. Anywell, the gymnasium has some pretty well done murals of "Warrior" figures, which appear in the background of some of the photos.

I've thrown out the bad photos (out of focus, airplane sticking out the side of someone's head, that sort of stuff). A few are IMHO pretty good shots, like the one of the enduration jobbie where the background is blurred because I was following the model, and the prop is blurred because it is moving, but the airframe is in perfect focus. Maybe that one will see the light of day.

There is however, one photo that won't ever likely be published. It's not fake, wasn't planned, and is just one of those shots where all the elements came together to make a statement completely different from the one intended.

Honest, I didn't take this photo on purpose, it just came out that way . . .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12795.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	233368