RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dave Brown is right on!
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 06:18 PM
Richardfast
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dave Brown is right on!

After reading Dave Browns latest editorial in the AMA magazine I am sure glad I voted for him. He really seems to have a handle on what is required to balance growth of the AMA membership, catering to the young with high tech and the high dollar boys with the jets and IMAC, with those of us who still build from scratch and are drawing social security. I embrace ARF's and technology, but I personally just enjoy working with the basics. Being in the minority, my kind of hobbyist can't be the only supporter of AMA. We have to let the new, young, computer jocks, with their brushless, motors, LiPoly batteries and EPP foam, in. Dave's challenge is to keep us working together to save our flying sites and keep the lawyers and politicians away from our hobby. I am the president of our local RC club and more and more I have to consider the interests of all types of flyers, young and old. The only way my club can survive is with new members and new interests. Now, if I can just keep them from flying the "foamies" in the pits! Keep up the good work Dave!