RCU Forums - View Single Post - The AMA EC is beginning to work as a team again!
Old 02-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The AMA EC is beginning to work as a team again!

ORIGINAL: Jim Branaum

I find it disturbing that DVP's cannot even talk about safety in their columns, don't you?

I'm not convinced that they cannot.

DM hit on the aspects of the current trend for the knee-jerk reaction (MY DESCRIPTION -- NOT HIS [>:]) for "fail-safe" receivers. IMO there is little justification for a DVP not speaking his mind in his column.

If I were an AMA DVP, my column would state my ideas on certain important topics. If such column was censored, then a big "Censored by the EC" would be there. Then a Web site would be available for any AMA member to observe all details of who, when, and what constituted and/or contributed such censorship.

DVPs who do NOT address any AMA business do so simply because they wish NOT to do so. They are simply playing the politics on this miniature scale as the Government and national news media plays on this country. How much do you hear from your Congressmen about Hu Jinato and his visits to South America & Cuba in Nov.-Dec. offering a 100 billion in aid to the leftest governments there?

It's always easy to tiptoe in the tulips and blame some other system for one's failures to stand up and be counted. Yep, maybe the team is banding together, now maybe even tighter than before.