Old 02-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: AMA Ultimate Model Aeronautics Video Library

ORIGINAL: FLYBOY

ORIGINAL: J_R

ORIGINAL: FLYBOY

AS for the tape and coin, I would rather see them reduce the dues than waste money sending things like this out, but the jet section is way cool.
1. It is a DVD, not a tape
2. It cost the AMA nothing. Read the excerpt from the EC minutes in post #12, i.e. "he thought the TN proposal would produce the most favorable results and not cost the Academy anything to participate."

While it is highly unlikely that the small amount of revenue projected from this program might decrease dues, it's pretty near impossible that something that costs nothing will raise dues.
Tape, movie, DVD, same thing. You got the point. As for the AMA not spending anything on it, cool! As far as it isn't costing the membership money, It is ok. If it helps promote the hobby and maybe generate some income, thats cool too. I don't see it generating much. As I said in another thread, I bet AMA sees very little of the procedes, but hey, something is better than nothing.

My sentiments too. The sponsoring organization only sees a few pennies. Anyone remember Live Aid for Africa[X(]

Pete