RCU Forums - View Single Post - What should I do with my AMA DVD?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What should I do with my AMA DVD?

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise![X(]

I received one of the DVDs. It was well covered over 30% of the surface with multiple finger prints.

I tried it anyway. It hung up at the helicopter start. I then cleaned it as I would one of my movies. I replaced it into the DVD (on the TV) fast forwarded it to the heli section and again it hung up.

I was impressed with Schwyn's delivery, and thought the item to be very good. I think there was too much of the same machine flying back and forth when different machines could have been shown, but overall it was entertaining.
It was far too drawn out for use in either a show to local council people reference flying sites or for club meeting programs. Would be OK for running at Mall-Shows and Fly-Ins.
There were several technical errors for the rather trained eye and ear, however for public awareness they were minuscule.

Mine is on its way back with the note that if it had not been defective I would have given them the $9 free gratis.

Perhaps they should better check the returns prior to sending them out again.

One big question: Since an AMA paid employee is the narrator in this presentation, and an AMA facility is used for at least one portion, how is it computed just how much AMA should receive in payment or for their share? Is this performance on AMA's $$ pay schedule or on the "Ultimate Aeronautics" pay schedule? [:-]