RCU Forums - View Single Post - If you liked the video, you're gonna love the...
Old 03-08-2005, 01:03 AM
abel_pranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If you liked the video, you're gonna love the...

ORIGINAL: necorc

Abel... are you sure you weren't being "Phished" ? Or was it a standard snail mail letter?
Dennis-
Standard snail mail letter, company letterhead that I recognize.

What tends to irk the crap out of me is that they know they've set up this kind of scenario, and it's because they don't give a tinker's damn about protecting your privacy, despite the $$$ they've spent on Mad Ave spin artists to tell you otherwise. How many of us use mag tape to back up data files on our PCs in the 21st century? Why isn't the data 100% absolutely, positively nuke-proof encrypted? The encryption algorithms are readily available in the public domain, for free. There is no possible excuse for this kind of thing to happen. It happens because they really don't give a flying fig about your privacy. As a SysEng, I built systems during the late 1960's to move more money than most people can comprehend via wire between Fed Reserve repositories and regional banks. They have never been penetrated. That system dates to when main-frame computers had 4X5" PWBs to implement a couple of inverters that could be configured to function as flip-flops and logical operands like OR gates. The shysters peddling credit cards are the 2nd lowest form of life on the planet, right behind lawyers.

There now, I feel better after loosing that rant. Thanks.

Abel