RCU Forums - View Single Post - Well done, Joe...
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 05:35 PM
abel_pranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well done, Joe...

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

<snip>

Say...here's another question...how many of you guys are actually DOING anything positive for AMA and model aviation? I hear a lot of guys here complaining about how bad AMA and their elected officials are, but for the life of me, I don't see anybody actually DOING anything but complaining.
Or is that just my imagination?
ET-

It isn't your imagination, but prolly more a matter of limitations on your field of view. For example in your reply to Steve, you were preaching to a member of the choir. Not only does the nature of his contact with the environmental agencies put him in a very good position to know what he talking about, It happens that the venue of some of his R/C activity is a closed landfill. Said landfill was acquired for that purpose many years before anyone at AMA went looking for them. It was a local association of clubs, and a lot of legwork by principals in that organization, that did it. I guess you could say it was of immediate benefit to model aviation, and AMA happens to benefit as a byproduct. BTW, I like the AMA official (DVP) that I get to vote for, and some others too..... actually, I think it may be most others after the last election cycle.

Abel