RCU Forums - View Single Post - Safety Coordinator's role
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 10:22 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Safety Coordinator's role

ORIGINAL: abel_pranger

Your authority extends to the bounds of D-V. Put whatever restrictions you feel appropriate on him within those bounds, and presume AMA will back your authority to do so. If AMA doesn't back your actions, you should demand that they should unambiguously define to you what exactly the limits of your authority are in the situation, or the whole SO/SC program is crap anyway. Ground him in D-V, and what D-X does with him is D-X business, and AMA business as well - it's up your DVP to take it to that level, so you've got it covered. If I were Furhrer he would be banned from participating in any sanctioned event in D-V for a year (if charges verified, of course). Is he sponsored? If so, sponsor should also get 'strongly worded' letter ala the one Kris wrote.

Abel
Hi Abel.

Let's try this again. It wasn't an accident that I chose the term pseudo-official. First, there is not anything that I know of that gives the District Safety Coordinator any authority. I am not sure it is an authorized position. Do you remember the creation of this position by the EC? I will defer to you if you do. Your memory is better than mine is.

Just as there is no position of District Secretary, but there are in fact, District Secretaries, this may be a made up position. Nothing wrong with that ‘till the Bandini hits the fan, in your phraseology.

Let's assume for a second that my raggedy memory is correct and there is, officially, no such position. We have speculated that the AMA has in place, liability insurance, relative to the actions taken by the leaders. Let's assume this to be true. Would that insurance extend to someone not covered in the policy, a person in a made up position? If not, the individual, in this case Red, is hanging out with no net. He has one letter of complaint. Certainly not enough to take any action whatsoever. Would you, on the word of someone not known to you? Would you potentially commit libel or slander on the say of one stranger? How far would you hang your tail out?

There was a cop there... the CD. It is the first and primary duty of the CD to insure a safe environment for all. If he doesn’t do that, as a CD, he should give up the status or be fired. The CD does have an official position, is an agent of the AMA, and is insured for his actions. He saw what happened, first hand. Where is he? Did he report?