RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Himax "Outrunner"
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 10:37 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Himax "Outrunner"

Voodoo,,thanks for the numbers..that $99 combo deal is great..if had any need at all for a 3rd brushless mtor now..i would by one..but im trying not to let this hobby get out of control..as far as having 5 or 10 planes laying around and tons of accesories...when it gets to that extreme..you almost need a whole seprate room in the house for storage..and i already have my basement fully cluttered up with recording gear { a mini recording studio} the phoenix 25 esc usually runs between $70-80 shipped..so your basically getting a himax brushless for $20..heck..a zagi reverse timed brushed motor or graupner speed 400 brushed is gonna cost a person $12-20 to buy with shipping....I forsee in the Near future { this year} brushless becoming almost as commonnly used as brushed motors..ecspecially when a person can buy them for only $10-$20 more then the cost of a throwaway brushed motor...I also have a feeling that the r/c market is gonna start offering alot of RTF packages with brushless options..in an affordable price range {under$200}...