RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scholarships and Grants from AMA?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Edge 540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scholarships and Grants from AMA?

I am aware of several scholarships given by the AMA to students entering college or university who have been involved with the AMA and model aviation that wish to study in related fields. Does anyone know if there are any opportunities for grant money toward an in-depth research project involving aeronautical research? I have been an AMA member since I started in the hobby, and am involved in several local AMA chartered clubs. I will be doing a very involved research paper and physical project on aero-design that will include constructing, flying and analyzing a large R/C aircraft (80" to 100" span) completely designed, built and flown by myself. The project will include detailed design on computer programs, testing in a professional wind tunnel and thorough statistical analysis with on board data equipment. It will be entered in several competitions for junior engineering and science fairs, exc.. I have looked through the AMA website, but I am not sure about whom to contact regarding this. I do not want to send information to the wrong source, because it is quite lengthy and in depth. If someone could assist me in finding the right place to contact, please let me know.
Thank you very much,
Stephen W