RCU Forums - View Single Post - more information of DVDs and bank credit cards
Old 03-12-2005, 11:41 AM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more information of DVDs and bank credit cards

I owe GordonMc some information, which I still do not have. In the process of trying to get it, I picked up some other information I thought was interesting. Just facts, no opinion.

The DVD program initial mailing was sent to 2500 random AMA members. The contract gave the supplier an out if less than 10% of the mailing was responded to in a positive way. The 10% was exceeded. That set the stage for the marketing test of 50,000 members, which also had a boggy percentage. That percentage was also exceeded and the company has committed to the next video. It will sell at $19.95 plus 3.95 shipping and handling. Anyone wanting a copy of the first one, that did not already receive one, can request one from HQ.

There is an “opt out” of receiving solicitations from the AMA. Those that have not selected “opt out” in the past can contact HQ and have their names removed from solicitation lists.

The partnership with TN is projected to raise $50,000 the first year, and several hundred thousand over the next few years if the interest level stays at an acceptable level.

The bank credit card program involves a contract that requires the bank to pay the AMA $900,000 over the next 7 years. About $200,000 this year.

Monies are paid quarterly.