RCU Forums - View Single Post - Responsibilities we seem to avoid
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Responsibilities we seem to avoid

I have watched lately several threads grow to astounding sizes with all sorts of verbiage addressing why and who, but NEVER a single word about getting the actors involved to be proactive about resolving the various issues at stake. It occurred to me that when this is coupled with raising dues for no additional value, many see no reason to be a part of the AMA. The astoundingly low renewal rate seems to indicate a very serious problem we, as interested modelers, must address.

I have been a club officer for several years and found motivating my own club members sometimes looks like a Herculean task, but I persevere. Are we, here, representative of the general membership and unwilling to take action? Is that the problem, or is it simply an extension of the 'Let George do it' philosophy we see so much of? It does not matter as that is not really the question.

The question we must answer is what do we need to do to motivate folks to immediately address safety/rules/common sense violations with the actors? What do we as an organization need to provide to give the weaker the backbone to stand up to some violator and insist on immediate corrective action? What can we do as a group, or an organization, to insure that there are fair rules that are equitably enforced? What can we create that will work?

This is an open question and does NOT refer to any specific thread, person, or incident but encompasses many over the last several months.

Thoughtful responses are desired.