RCU Forums - View Single Post - Responsibilities we seem to avoid
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Responsibilities we seem to avoid

If Webster is still correct I am commenting on your post not analyzing it or its syntactic string.

No, you will not find any answers forthcoming on this forum or any other as to how to either motivate people or provide them the backbone to act if in fact they do not have it.
What you are seeking is an answer to a universal question which is how do you inspire a group of people to perform and do the right things at the right time.
The AMA and clubs will always exist because of the efforts of the dedicated and sometimes misguided efforts of a dedicated few.
As for the AMA, yes I care that it exists because there is no viable alternative out there. I do wonder though whether the apathy of the general membership has allowed an internal structure to take hold that will prove fatal in the next several years.
I am a member of three clubs and president of one. One of the clubs has had to move its flying site. Two other people besides myself have done all of the work to create the new site.
I also contribute cash and materials to all three clubs so I feel that my support is adequate. Even though my name is not George I will do it.

ORIGINAL: Jim Branaum

Gremlin Castle,
Nice job of parsing my remarks without addressing the questions I proposed. I am not so stupid as to not understand that we do have some unsafe pinheads in the hobby, I get to try to educate them regularly. Nor does the existence of the 'Let George do it' bunch surprise me, except for those on this forum. Now let me ask a direct question of you. Do you even care if the AMA exists tomorrow, or are all of your needs covered under the insurance umbrella like the majority of the other folks at the flying field?