RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-Maxx vs. LST
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Sgt. Canada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-Maxx vs. LST

ORIGINAL: popa71

ORIGINAL: AlphaAuriga

Thats exactly it, "Drag Racing" proves nothing. These trucks are not designed for just straight-line speed. They are designed as a complete package which includes handling.

The truck is just a tool which is only as good as your tuning and driving skill. When I used to bash with my Savage, I'd have guys constantly challenge me to race against them. I'd tell them sure, we'll mark off a tri-oval in the dirt with some jumps. A few of these guys had a fast truck but couldn't drive for S**T. Overshooting the corner, unable to turn at a marker. When there was a big empty lot and they could run where ever it appeared that they could drive, but when you set up a course it was a different story....

Now-a-days, when someone asks me to "drag race", I ask them if my MT looks in any way shape or form looks like a "funny car" or "dragster"....

Actually these trucks arent designed for drag racing or handling. Thats whys they are monster trucks. They are designed for big fun . Driving on surfaces other vehicles cant It just so happens that some of the new MT handle pretty good for Monsters and since the T-Maxx came out we all love speed as well. Most of the new trucks have far exceeded what a Monster truck is made for and that was simply done to satisfy us. We cant get enough!!!!!! The Lst is far superior to a T-maxx I dont really care which one is faster. You also have to think the original design of the T-maxx is over 5 years old. The 2.5 is just an upgraded version. For its time the Maxx was pretty good piece of equipment but in this day in time it just doesnt cut the mustard. I dont care what engine you drop in it!!
Very well said