RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA sanctions and the need for CD responsibility
Old 03-14-2005, 01:18 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA sanctions and the need for CD responsibility

Abel

I know you are not a CD. I realize you are not responsible for knowing or understanding what is required for a sanction. If you would like to know the details, you are going to have to read information available about the process. I can’t reasonably post it all. The link in the initial post is a good start.

Here is the official request for a sanction: http://www.modelaircraft.org/PDF-files/302.pdf

Note that no reference is made to the hours an event is conducted, only the date. Even event rules may be changed in the sanction request, but not the definition of the sanction itself.

In the example I used, there is no insurance if the CD or his appointed representative are not on site. This is critical.

The CD program is in disarray and has been for years. The AMA needs to address the program. Possibly a handbook just for CD’s needs to be made available. There are just too many CDs that do not understand the responsibilty of accepting the role of being an agent for the AMA.