RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP Giles 202 Wing Problems
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2002, 03:12 PM
DeadRinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Giles 202 Wing Problems

I have the 202 and I think the reason for the slop on the wing joiner may be to allow for enough epoxy due to the fact that is the only real strength at that point. No wing failure has been at the joiner to my knowledge but right where the wing meets the fuse. Be sure that when you tighten the wing bolts that the wing is not smashing hard against the fuse sides because that seems like it might be a lot of stress at that point. Mine was so tight when I first bolted the wing on that it was buckling the fuse and wrinkling the covering bad.
Mine also had a bunch of up thrust at the firewall and it flew like it too. Also it had way to much right thrust even for the 160 and was pulling over and to the right of the canopy real bad in a full throttle vertical so I got it home and did a bunch of work to correct it and now she is dead vertical up and down line.
The plane is rather short coupled and is pitch sensitive so I used a fair amount of expo and learned to fly it cleaner on the sticks and it is as good a plane as anyone could ask for all things taken into concideration.
http://home.austin.rr.com/mygpgiles/