RCU Forums - View Single Post - Esky honey bee CP
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 08:07 PM
bell1684

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky honey bee CP

The auction looks good..good luck with your bidding..hopfully you'll get it at the price you want (and get it soon!)

As far as the Lipo and charger goes, expect to pay probably between $30-$50 for the battery..I have both a 1300mah and 1800mah and I prefer the 1800mah as I find it has more "zip" to get the bird off the ground, but the 1300mah works just fine.

For the charger, I would be surprised if you find anythng for less that $80 (mine is the Vision Peak Ultra AC/DC by Dynamite, I paid $80 at my LHS). It works great, only feature it's missing is a discharge function, but i havent really needed that function anyway, although some people recommend it for conditioning new Lipo's. The more brand name chargers (Triton, etc) are $100+...

Do yourself a favor and dont skimp on the quality of the batteries or the charger, really for two reasons. First & foremost is the safety aspect.. Lipo's need to be treated with respect (im sure you've read & heard plenty about it). Second, from talking to you back & forth on this thread I get the impression you are just as hooked by the hobby as I and the rest of the folks here, so spend the extra money on good equipment now cause im sure you're going to have it for a long time and be using it with all the other heli's you're going to buy in the future..

Darrell