RCU Forums - View Single Post - Proboat Miss Budweiser 1/12 – Awesome!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:35 AM
boataddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Proboat Miss Budweiser 1/12 – Awesome!

Letitloose, I appreciate the good feedback.

The only floatation I could use for the sponson was the peanut or popcorn sized packaging foam that usually comes in any shipped packages. ( This only applies to the 1st version of the Miss.Budweiser, the newer version is totally sealed off)

Remove the tank and engine and look up in the hull towards the front in the sponson and you will see a small opening, one on the right above the weight and on the left above the water outlet.

I basically stuffed it through the small openings on both sides of the sponson with my fingers until I could stuff it no more and cut my pipe insulation long enough from the stern to that point to wedge them up there. Some will break while stuffing them but as long you get enough of them up there they will help keep the Bud from sinking if it took on too much water. But I highly recommend that you use pipe insulation for the rest of the hull, they help a lot.

I found this page a while back and forgot to include it in the list of links.

http://home.earthlink.net/~lakeboygpr/id9.html

In one of the photos you will see the pipe insulation. The only difference with mine is I wedged another piece in the gap to keep the popcorn foam in the front.

I hope this help, good luck running your Bud this summer.