RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does AMA have a real future?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Kanain
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does AMA have a real future?

Outlaw,

Well put. Let's see real issues, not dollars and cents. I am an Lifetime AMA member, so while I have a vested interest in it's future and care not about the price of yearly dues, I did not join AMA for the insurance, or even because seomone said I had to to be in 'their club'. I am a member because I love EVERY aspect of aviation - full scale and model. I have been around it all my life and hope that whenever it is I can no longer pass a flight physical - LONG TIME TO COME - that i can still move a couple of sticks around and marvel at the magic of flight. Everytime I hear a sound in the sky, I still look up! How many people spend their entire lives starring at the ground?

When are WE - as an organization and as individuals - going to go back to sharing that joy with those less fortunate than ourselves? That joy alone is worth the price of admission. Why don't we go back to prmoting it.

Family is the nucleus of a society. We have cut this one to the bone. Father, son, mother, daughter, and grandparents a like. This is a family hobby. It encompasses every sex, creed, and religion of our society. Neoghbors wouldn't complain and shut down our fields if they had an understanding of what we do - they wouldn't dare if they were 'one of us'.

The education and of ... Let's get back to that.