RCU Forums - View Single Post - It is not the AMA that needs work, it is the club system.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Crashem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It is not the AMA that needs work, it is the club system.

Just to be Clear I am already of the opinion the every flying club already has the single most important benefit that anyone wanting to participate must have. A place where flying is Allowed!!!!!!!!!

That alone justifies the cost of membership. If you disagree you are free to find another location.

Therefore I tend to think that these how do wo change inorder to induce new members threads are more debating exercises (fun but pointless) Most clubs are vitural monopolies meaning that if you want to safely and legally fly in most locales you need to join. Keeping that in mind why waste valuable time and resources trying to convince others. Let the park police and local courts explain it to them via tickets and fines Soon enough even the slowest among us will realize that there are places where it is acceptable to persue the hobby and places where it is not.

As far as reducing the costs based on cost of equipment... why don't you try that next time your golfing or skiing

Could I please pay less then him because my equipment is cheaper