RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does ANYONE really KNOW?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Does ANYONE really KNOW?

ORIGINAL: kingwoodbarney

Hey Mike,

It is a nasty rumor that Texas doesn't have high taxes. The property taxes here are outrageous, like 6k on my house !!! That and 8 1/4 sales tax on everything else. I suppose they need it to fight all of the appeals on death row.
Ki-B, that is what happens to those that wish to live in all those congested "additions" where a Home-Owner's Association tells one which hand to wipe with.
Now, do not forget that the TEXAS sales tax is 6.25% and the additional ST is added by the towns and such. In addition all basic food stuffs are NOT TAXED. In MI where I spend my most of my summer, even the meat and potatoes are taxed. [&o]

Now if one chooses to live in the country, it is again a different story. I have a small house, 3br, 2 b, 3 car garage, covered and open patios, in-ground pool, 2 acres, 40 X 60 steel barn on slab, on paved road. My total property taxes (county and school) are less than $1500 per year. All property taxes are local as there is NO state property tax.

THERE IS NO STATE INCOME TAX IN TX.

Now if you want to lessen your tax burden, plus increase your freedoms, then I can arrange for you to own 10 acres adjoining the great Jetero RC Club, Inc. (You are a member). You can place 9 of those acres under agriculture exemption, with a tax burden less than $100 per year. The home you build is of course your choice.

As for the "death penalty" IMO it is a tax saver. Get rid of 'em. Otherwise they will be turned loose on society to do same again and cost more to retry all over.

A few years ago, there was this guy in a bar and he stated that Clinton was raising taxes. A few stools down, a big burly got up and proceeded to pound on the first guy. First guy yelled, "What's wrong, I was just talking about the new Clinton taxes that was on TV."

Big Burly picked up first guy and started apologizing. He said, "I am so sorry, really, I thought you said, Clinton was raised in Texas."

Oh Gee, here comes Big Burly. Hey this does relate to RC. Wanna' buy some property adjoining a great RC field??

edit: burly vice burley