RCU Forums - View Single Post - reverse engineering for scale contests is it legal?
Old 04-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: reverse engineering for scale contests is it legal?

ORIGINAL: goatboy

that I understand, but as far as points in contest is the part considerd as home built?
Builder of the Model rule for AMA Scale is simply:

>>>>>>>>"There shall be no team entries. The Contest Director
will make every reasonable effort to assure himself
that each flier has completely constructed the
model(s) he uses in competition, including the covering,
where used, with construct to be interpreted as
the action required to complete a model with no more
prefabrication than the usual kit. Kits containing a
large amount of prefabrication are permissible as
long as the final assembly of the parts and covering
and/or painting are done by the builder. Models
which are completely prefabricated and require only
a few minutes of unskilled effort for their completion
shall be excluded from competition.<<<<<<<<<<'

"Home Built" is not a part of points awarded. Actually, IMO, one could use an ARF if one repainted it. Note "...final assembly of the parts and covering and/or painting are done by the builder."

May I suggest if you wish to enter into contest rules' discussions, you first read those rules as posted on the AMA web site. Don't forget the AMA General section and the General section for the event or group as in the case for scale.

In competition, I found that KNOWING the event rules in detail was more important than the flying (joking -- really) however the rules not only tell you that which you MUST DO, but it tells you all the things you CAN do simply by NOT restricting you from doing these things. In addition, knowing the rules also prepares you to protest illegal actions which some entrants will attempt and far too many ill-prepared CDs don't catch. A good rule for winning is to eliminate your competition. [>:]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91488.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	255050