RCU Forums - View Single Post - reverse engineering for scale contests is it legal?
Old 04-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: reverse engineering for scale contests is it legal?

There was a time period when such a rule existed that required a list of items that the builder manufactured himself. It no longer exists in AMA Scale.
There are also the various scale events such as Top Gun, Scale Masters and a couple others plus FAI. Right now I have no clue as to their specific rules. The last AMA Scale event in which I participated, about 1997, the CD was so mixed up between AMA and Scale Masters that he also had the judges well confused. FUNNY! I've heard that he still is.
I am NOT an active competitor in AMA events anymore. Most of my RC competition was in Pylon back in the late '70s and early '80s. In the early '90s I went out to Phoenix for Scale Warbird racing for a number of years. I do Fun-Flys now and then and special events locally. Nothing serious. Serious was in my CL and FF days in the '60s. That was REAL SERIOUS.

Best of luck with your endeavor to compete. Leave some "How goes its" every so often. Competition is tough yet very rewarding. It was the only WORK that I ever really liked.