RCU Forums - View Single Post - The EVP position
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The EVP position

ORIGINAL: falcon2000

//snip//

Whether it is agreed by all or not, the people we elect to guide and drive our organization must have the same character traits. Additionally, they must be able to work with people and get the constituents to support their goals. In my mind, it is not enough to present your points in an argumentive manner. Nor does it accomplish very much by brushing off a members comments with, 'it's your choice, so be it'.
Thanks, Joe, for your being candid as you so feel. Regardless of what I say or do, JB will be there whimpering and bellowing.
I have been in this business too long and have far too little time left to volunteer that time to help turn around AMA and yet be expected to be some smooth "poly-ticking" brown noser changing with the wind. My goals were stated in the first post of my thread "Does AMA have a real future?" For those with different goals, SO BE IT.
Of course it's his choice. It's a choice all of us can and do make. I'd really like to see some positive discussion and an evironment that encourages harmony and the incorporation of other ideas.

I, for one, Horace, cannot support you in spite of the fact that I believe you to have excellent ideas and vision for the future. Just from what I've seen in this forum, your ability to generate and perpetuate disharmony and turmoil far and away exceeds the value of your vision.

Respectfully,

Joe
AMA L166

Again thanks for your being so candid. I am sacrificing my time and work for the benefit of those wishing to enjoy model aviation in the future. My future is pretty well sealed. I have adequate assets and facilities to satisfy my needs for the remainder of my life.
If the membership had rather sacrifice their prospects for a better AMA in order to maintain harmony and politically-correct status quo, then that is their loss and will have little effect on this individual. Sounds pompous as _ell, I know, but I tell it like it is.
So be it!![>:]