Old 04-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Questions for Intro Pilots and Clubs

ORIGINAL: abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: Hossfly
<snip>
You are entitled to such opinion if you wish. I think differently. I have tried for the past two years to get entirely out of providing instruction. 30+ years of it is adequate to satisfy my needs, and repay the two instructional flights I received.
However the masses are far too self-serving to help others after they take so freely of that offered them at some time past. So who finally gives in to doing it? I'm really tired of holding hands of old farts like me and listening to the know-it-alls in the 25-40 groups. Actually the teens are pretty decent folk as compared to the others. So I am glad of our 3 times limit to either join the club or hit the highway.
I can well rationalize my position .............

Hoss-

ROFL! You sure as 'ell can well rationalize your position.

You can't 'just say no,' so you fall back on AMA's restrictive rules to cop out of doing something you don't want to do. What a great concept! Doncha wish Big Bro' would put restrictions on items in the honeydew list the little lady of the house prepares for you?

Abel
ROFLOLPIMP!

Abel,
By now you should KNOW that Horrible has this set of rules the great unwashed (you, I, and everyone else) is to follow and those that control what he is going to do. Haven't you noticed that they don't seem to be the same? Rationalization and justification seem to be his way to weasel out of what he says we should do.

The problem with the Intro Pilot program is that it requires those of us to do lots of paperwork. That drives the good will out of it and makes many say "Join and I will help" rather than use the Intro Pilot program. I would much rather see the Intro Pilot program replaced by the simple edict that the instructor using a buddy box has the coverage since he has final control. I am reasonably sure that change in approach will also give the AMA a better shot at the park flyer bunch. Worst case there would be teaching them about interference. Sure looks like a win win deal to me where the Intro Pilot program seems to be punishing those of us willing to try to train and recruit those outside the AMA.

Too bad it is reported that there is little support for that change, it could be a major step toward changing the direction of our organization. Sometimes it is hard to see the forest for the trees.