RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Badius Owners Club
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 09:59 PM
carlf
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

Hi All,

Sunday I got a chance to take my Badius out flying, I had some successful flights this time out too On the first battery I had about 5 flights, On the second battery I was able to keep it in the air for the entire charge and on the last battery I had two short flights. The last one with some damage to the fuse, so we called it a day. The wind was a challenge again but I’m taking it on and slowly making making some headway. I seemed to burn up the charge it my batteries faster than I expected. 6 to 10 minutes at full power? I have cycled them and now indicate they are holding at over 550 mAh to 614 mAh. Tell me if this load would add up as an explanation.

I hand launch into the wind, full throttle three to four minutes out I’m 100 yards out and 80 to 120ft high. Straight flying into the wind. Then with some altitude, I am able to begin to turn to the left slightly, breaking from the head on wind. I begin maneuvering around and picking up air speed. Then I can circle around overhead. If I’m not careful
I can be facing having to plow slowly again into the head wind for what seem like minutes… This has got to suck the battery dry.

Tailwind, you and Pilot Ray seem to be so please with the SkyHawk that I may want to give one a try sometime. It is great to read the posts you guys are making.

Hey Dig…. Are you getting the Mini Funtana patched up???