RCU Forums - View Single Post - Walkera #4 Fixed Pitch Helicopter Forum
Old 04-24-2005, 06:23 PM
hrwatson68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera #4 Fixed Pitch Helicopter Forum

Ok first question from chench.

You made sure the throttle is all the way down and the trim is centered before hooking up the battery? Another thing to check is the reversing switches on the back of the transmitter, on my radio in order from 1-8 on the dip switches they are 1-on,2-off,3-on,4-on,5-off,-6-off,7-off,8-off.

Now those settings could be different on your radio becuse you are in europe and should'nt your throttle be on the right? (I am in the USA and mine was setup for USA with throttle on the left).

I have since burned out the original speed control/receiver/gyro unit from Walkera and refused to buy another, so I just aquired a GWS 3 in 1 mixer to run the speed control and tail motor mixing duties. I would'nt put much more into your #4 to get it right, but I would recommend that you buy a second #4 and use the first one for parts(It sounds expensive, but if you added all the parts prices up and included shipping costs, you are getting a real deal on the parts heli.

Max, for your question...

I think you maybe have a bad mixer in the control unit and I suggest the same thing for you as I did for chench. Before you pull all your hair out, you are centering the trim before turning the radio system on, right?

I am not an expert on the #4 and I am surely learning every day about it.