RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just starting in planes!!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2002, 06:38 AM
fastlash
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trainer

Don't listen to any of these guys go buy a heli and beat your Wallet to Death!! or jet and crash your gold card!! the reality is get the best radio gear your wallet is comfortable with, most trainers on the market are fairly good some a little better, look at them at your local hobby store, if his stock is good and prices close to mail order. Look at the glue job and joints, covering, and is it straight, buy it and then buy a good BB motor that you can use in a sport plane later as well as the radio, the savings is in these two departments later on!!! buy a trainer cord!!!! support your local hobby store if he has fair pricing check against adds in the mags. remember if it is mail order you wait and if UPS does its crush and deliver thing you pay to return or hassle with claims, and if he closes you are stuck with mail order even for small things, OK guy's flame me on this one???? electrics are ok and I have seen a 120mph racer but they tend to be smaller than a gas forty for the same buck and some don't like the wind very well Ok guy's let me have it!!!!!!