RCU Forums - View Single Post - OV10 Bronco
Thread: OV10 Bronco
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 07:46 AM
MormonMike
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OV10 Bronco

Bill and Gaines, Mine are the metal gear type 225's. The facts are on the work bench. While testing, they got warm, they started to slow down, one got hot and stopped working, the other started to smoke just a little bit and stopped working. Thirty bucks for each [ 4 of them ] ain't cheap. They would have been the cause of crashing a VERY EXPENSIVE Duelist. There are other reports on this website about them. Now here's the laughable part. I went with Tower TS 35's and have not had a problem yet. I have over 150 operational tower servos and have had only one or two failures on them in six years of steady flying. No, this is not a sale's pitch, it's just from my own expierience with different servos. By the way guys, this may amuse you. My Bronco will be using a phenolic tube to join the wing panels outward of the engine booms. Makes transporting much easier with the outer wings removed and not having to dissasemble the main wing from the fuse/booms. Kinda novel huh ? Lastly, I thought about sending in the burned-out servos ot Hitec but I think it's more trouble than there worth. I just feel uneasy about them from now on. Seeya, MM