RCU Forums - View Single Post - newbie, sort of.
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 07:18 AM
AgCat1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: newbie, sort of.

I have concluded it should be criminal to sell those things! First, they are junk. Second, if you learn to fly it all (doubtful, but, some do) you have learned almost nothing that will help you in real RC flying. With the price of two or three of those things you could buy a REAL RC plane that will give you hours and hours of fun! And, if you get the right one to start with, you can move the expensive stuff on to lots of other planes to fly and many of those won't cost as much as you paid for the junk plane. Once you have the electronics, you can get a Slow Stick for 35 dollars! It is one of the most fun and easiest (in my opinion) to learn to fly on! I have several planes, but I still love my Slow Stick!

I went the route of a few of these things at first, believing the package that said it actually flew! One I had did have a rudder! I got it to make one flight and could not make it stay in the air ever again. It looked like a painted up Zero. They make conversion kits now that will actually make it a real RC plane. I still have it and may try it one day.

There is no telling how many of these are being sold and disappointed would be RC'ers giving up all together.

Criminal![:@][8D]