RCU Forums - View Single Post - My new Green Mean Machine! (Whiplash)
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 12:27 AM
Glorfindel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Green Mean Machine! (Whiplash)

I got my whiplash X about a weeks ago. Now it's painted (the pictures didnt have much resolution ) he is some pre-flight impression :

- The hinge line is WAY too hard to move, i think it could take about 50% of the servos power just to moove them...

- I tried to put the antena wire in the tube, there is no way i can do that. I even tried with stainless wire with no success, so the antena will be out of the plane....

- The servos are outside the fuse, more drag. They are too close from the center and force us to take longer servos arms. It's not a good idea with the 'too hard' elevon....

- The engine mount have to be cut to put a 'little' Q500 engine, the cut is not wide enough...

- Nice looking plane, better airfoil than the DD

Sorry for the poor quality of the immage i didnt edit it to lower the size..

- Will be VERY regid

I ordered a Jett Q500 engine. I runned it but i didnt get the 19300+ rpm that they advertise. I runned a 8.8x9 with 15%XP fuel at first i was getting only 18500 on a cold day...I purshased a gal. of PowerMaster 15% (same fuel as Jett take to test engine prior shipping) I tried it again with not munch success but it was kind of dark and i'm not sure with the last rpm reading, so i will give the engine another chance before sending it back to Jett.
Am i alone with these low rpm on the jett Q500?

I will run the Whiplash this weekend, will give my impression on flying
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	28621_13526.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	18174