RCU Forums - View Single Post - leader member
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: leader member

ORIGINAL: kingwoodbarney

I have heard of a Leader Club, in fact I am in one. Its Hossfly's club. I'm pretty sure he is the one that crossed all of the T's and dotted the I's to get that status. All of the club members received Gold Leader Club AMA wings. I don't know about the Leader Member being anything more than that.

Thanks Barney, however you give credit where credit is not due. Club Officers like Jim Stearner, Roger Heumannn, Howard Power, and several others were the team leaders in getting Jetero the Gold Leader status. Actually I wanted to maintain the member limitation of 150 members, however that had to go because a GOLD LEADER Club cannot have a limited number membership. Leader Clubs are also explained in the Membership Manual.

Red gave the basic Leader Member thing. There are two types: Administrative and Technical which I believe are self-explanatory. The status has to be applied for. Red says "Membership Manual", however, more specific, the definition is in the Bylaws, Art. III (d).

At one time, when a person applied for and obtained a Contest Director's License, then performed the event and properly submitted the Contest report, one year later the Leader Member was bestowed automatically. AMA Pres. Don Lowe and Tech Director Bob Underwood, in a purge of the leader ranks, put a stop to that. Funny thing is that neither knew where the authority for that was. In a telephone conversation with Underwood I guided him to the spot where the EC had placed the info.[>:]

Now WHY would AMA Hierarchy care about the number of Leader Members in the system? IMO, simply because LEADER MEMBERS VOTE ON BYLAWS CHANGES. That brings up more stories.

Reference thread subject and the man with the info: Two choices: Stay clear or get some of what he's smoking!!

H. Cain, CD since 1963 / Leader 1964