RCU Forums - View Single Post - Caps from cap guns. Allowed in planes by AMA?
Old 05-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Caps from cap guns. Allowed in planes by AMA?

ORIGINAL: sparow89

Are the caps in cap guns allowed to be used in a plane if I were able to make device to pop them?

Thar' ya' go figurin' them thar' angles and run-arounds. Actually, I agree with Red but just love to expand -- proven by my waist line![:-]

The Safety Code says, "8. I will not operate model aircraft carrying pyrotechnic devices which explode, burn, or propel a projectile of any kind. Exceptions include Free Flight fuses or devices that burn producing smoke and are securely attached to the model aircraft during flight. Rocket motors up to a G-series size may be used, provided they remain firmly attached to the model aircraft during flight. Model rockets may be flown in accordance with the National Model Rocketry Safety Code; however, they may not be launched from model aircraft. Officially designated AMA Air Show Teams (AST) are authorized to use devices and practices as defined within the Air Show Advisory Committee Document."

Read it carefully: It says "....which explode, burn, or propel ..." Then it goes into exceptions. "Exceptions include .... devices that burn producing smoke and are securely attached to the model during flight." It does NOT say that these listed exceptions are all the exceptions. It says "include".
If I had an electric warbird and could figure it out, it would fly past just a popping, but the expended caps would have a spot to be contained.

Enjoy.