RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 08:40 PM
jonwhatley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF

I got mine yesterday and took it out this evening. I'm very pleased. It's everything I had hoped it would be. Making sure it's properly trimmed out is vital though. Mine dipped on the first hand launch and I broke the propeller. Fortunately they include an additional propeller and I was back in the sky in minutes. I flew the easy throw sport mode first to kind of get a feel for the plane. It is very responsive even in this mode. The plane is also very fast. The manual says it can do 40 Miles an hour.

Well once I got some altitude I flickd the switch and went into high throw mode. WOW! It turned into a completely different plane; rolls, loops, stall outs, it was crazy....I only had the one stock battery supplied with the plane so I didn't get to fly long. It's also a bit difficult to gage battery remaining because the moter is so quiet. I usually sort of do a fly by on myself at various times so that I can hear the engine and it helps me determine how much more flying I got.

The plane landed well but I'm concerned about busting up the bottom of the aircraft during future landings. It REALLY would have been cool if Parkzone would have taken advantage of the XPort and gave it retractable landing gear. That would have rocked! I figure I'll do some re-inforcements on bottom and at various vulnerabilities. I really want to keep it nice cuz it's a really pretty flyer.

Thank you Parkzone!