RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D Buddy as a first E-plane???
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 02:34 AM
VIC VIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D Buddy as a first E-plane???

Hey guys, i'm about to buy the 3D Buddy, as i say on the tittle of the post this is going to be my first electric airplane, i know some stuff about electronics since that's what i studied but i've never flown an E-Plane, well i tried to fly an electric PBF once but it never flew it was to heavy (bad designed by me ), just to be sure this time i wanted to try with something already designed and tested . I was thinking on buying something like an electric trainer but i know that was going to be bored pretty soon so i decided start with the real stuff, something that didn't need upgrades plus i want to start to do real 3D maneuvers, after looking at some web pages, read a little bit and watch some real nice videos i decided to go for the 3D Buddy, it comes with the brush-less power system, it's portable and has amazing flight characteristics. My doubt is that i'm not really sure if i could handle this guy, i've been flying for 3 years and consider my self as a intermediate pilot, i started with an avistar then buy a Dazzler a couple of years ago then made a PBF (Good stuff), on the last months i've been doing some acrobatics with my dazzler but there is a point where you want more from your airplane but it just can't give you what you want, so i want to start doing some real 3D aerobatics and also want to start with the electrics. What do you guys think??? is it a good choice or am i going to far for a first E-Plane???

I'm planing to buy the plane with the brush-less combo and a couple of 900mAh Li-Po batts, they recomend the 1500mAh batt for outdoor and i'll be using it outdoors but i rather buying two 900mAh batts instead of one 1500mAh for the same price, i made the math and i think i'll be able to flight something between 6 and 8 mins which seems to be good. I'm already thinking of a design for the charger (i know i can't be the same as NiCad or NiMH).

I also like to heard some general advices about Electric flight.

Here are some links of the airplane:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=461
http://www.ultra-rc.com/store/produc...products_id=33

Good flight.