RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Badius Owners Club
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 10:11 AM
Loubud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

Hi Randy.
I have Old Glory flying now.
Re: the batteries we've been using in the Badius. I made a mistake and bought a 1050 mah bat from Cheapbatterypacks competitor and when I got the battery I started swearing as I didn't get 2 bats, just one. So I ordered the 2 1100 mah bats and have been rotating all 3 in the Badius. The 1100 mah bats were never half the the battery as the 1050 mah in power or longevity. One of the 1100 mah is useless and has been for quit a while and the other 1100 mah bat is fading while the 1050 bat is good as new. I've tried recycling and even letting the weaker bat rest for a month os so before recycling it and putting it back into the rotation. It still is my worst battery with the other 1100 mah bat right behind it.
Seems to me that with lipos coming down in price and having a weight advantage that the nimh's we use will or should be replaced with a lipo when a nimh bat gives up the ghost. Nimh's have their place and so do lipos. To keep cost down we'll still buy the nimhs to avoid getting add on cut off's for the lipos. Some applications don't qualify for an expensive upgrade. And a stock Badius is a plane that flys well with the nimh's.
Or just go crazy and toss all of the brushless stuf and go brushless and lipos all the way. Couple of planes out there flying V-12's we'd all like to try.

SS notes.
Ready to fly. Only need to adjust the trims and cg. If Wifey wakes up soon enough I'll give her (the SS, not wifey) a toss and see what happens. I call the SS "everyones plane" meaning that anyone in my family can fly it when they come over. Well, the family was here yesterday and every single one of them pointed and laughed at my meager flying skills. All of them pointed at the damaged plane and then at me an laughed some more. They didn't buy into Hazy's magnet story and started laughing again. It was definetly med time. A nap followed. Then another nap as the family was still pointing and giggling.