RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 09:28 PM
tclaridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF

Just flew the PZ P51 and WOW! What a blast! I used a TP 2100 3S LiPo and the performance was fantastic. I only flew in the half-rate mode, and it was very easy to maneuver. I set all controls at neutral before flight, and I didn't need to apply any trim. I even did one very graceful loop. Looked like footage from WWII dogfight films. It handled just like a war bird, and it was easy to see in the air. The scale detail was breath taking in a high speed, low level pass!!

Plenty of power, and I only used 650 mah of the battery in an 8 minute flight mostly at 1/2 throttle. That should make for an easy 20 minute flight (if I can last that long). And I used the transimitter from my Slo-V (they are both the same channel, and the dual rate is backwards, but all else is the same).

PZ nailed this one. Its the right size, right cg, right power, and right handling. The only thing PZ could do to improve this bird is offer a wing with a retract. The "new" wing could come with a little foam tail wheel to glue on the back, and a longer Xport extension to plug into the wing for the retract drive mechanism. If foam, scale looking wheels are used, the weight should be trivial. Then if you are only flying on grass, you can use your old "no retract wing." Hey PZ, wouldn't that be great?

A four blade prop and spinner would also be awesome. Maybe PZ will offer that as an upgrade too!

Back to the flight line. . .