RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K
Old 06-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Kregg
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K

Wayne, I sent the e-mail to you twice? I do not know what the problem is. I will post my e-mail message hear:

I'm very interested in getting the CA R2 but I need some reassurance on several issues.

You mentioned that the CA R2 was going to be 20 pounds less that the built up version!?! Can that be correct? A earlier post indicated a flight weight of 35 pounds with a DA150 on the CA R2. Does that sound about right? I wonder how the balancing worked out on that one. I have an extra DA100 just waiting for a home, but the last thing I want is a underpowered R2 that has a bunch of lead in the nose to make her balance out. I would rather add motor weight that lead. My Pitts 12 weights about 37 pounds and flies WAY over the top for power with a DA150, but a DA100 would be underpowered for my likes. The R2 at about 30ish pounds could possibly work with the DA100.

Landing room is my next question. I'm not sure of my fields length, but it might be a bit short. My big 35% Pitts 12 uses most of it on a regular basis. I have never flown a Gee Bee, but have always wanted one. I'm a experienced giant scale flier, but this one is a bit intimiating.

I have so many questions that I could make your head spin. I would love to follow your build of this aircraft. It would be perfect if you posted your progress on this RCU thread and I could fire questions and praise your direction on a regular basis. This goes for anyone flying one of these aircraft as well. Please chime in if you have hands on experience with the CA R2.