RCU Forums - View Single Post - BVM Super (Balsa) Bandit
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 03:23 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default strut covers

Here you can see the strut covers fitting into the wing.

If you look carefully you will see that there has been some sheeting rework just behind the strut cover - that's because I had brain fade for a moment (okay -- maybe longer), and initially mounted the strut covers the wrong way around when I cut the openings in the wing sheeting. DUH ! Take the time to make sure you do them the right way around instead of making the same dumb mistake I did...

Next - I found that (even when I used the right orientation of strut cover) the strut cover did not lie in exactly the same plane as the wing sheeting. This was resolved very easily by sanding a very slight bevel onto the tongue of the strut cover (the top part that has the two screw holes in it for attaching to the retract). This effectively rotated the strut cover through a degree or two in order to get the correct alignment.

The comment about adding a 1/16" ply shim to the top of the strut cover (p18 & 19 of the manual) seems to no longer apply, thanks to the improved strut cover design that we discussed earlier).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	37103_3215.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	18719