RCU Forums - View Single Post - Empty flying field
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 08:36 AM
DR.B.S.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Empty flying field

Thank you for the dead link report. It is true, anything worth while takes time and effort but Mr. Ragland has been perfecting his technique for over 30 years now.
Yes it is the quickest way to learn to fly. I have experienced both and only endorse the Ragland tech. I must agree that before the buddy box came along that was the only way, maybe that is why so many people actually learned to fly back then.
Yes I have dumped a couple of planes but nothing that I havn't been able to repair. I read somewhere that it is advisable for the newbie to build a trainer first and foremost, I totally agree with that.
Mr. Ragland brought me an Eagle 2 kit when I first started and said ,(now build this) I did and from that I have been building r/c aircraft ever since. I have been building Guillow's and plastic's for most of my life but I thought this was a challenge but it went together easy.
From that experience I have been able to repair anything that I need to repair and build anything I choose, I build a Top Flight P-39 Airacobra over the winter and the flaps are a sweet addition when coming in for a landing, take off's too.
In any event, from the effort's of Mr. Ragland I can build and fly almost anything I choose in just 1 and a half season's of flying experience. Now that is getting the job done well. From that I have purchased alot of aircraft because it is so much fun and enjoyable.
Hey, the wife doesn't feel threatened by other women anymore and loves it that I am so wrapped up in this. I build at home and the field is 2 minutes from the house,lol.
Another thing that get's me are those homophobes that think one has to wrap their arms' around the student and that is not the case, he stands to the side of you and has total control of the plane.