RCU Forums - View Single Post - My A-10 Warthog Project
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 09:21 PM
RockyTop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My A-10 Warthog Project

last week the weather finally got good enough so I could get in two good flights in on my A-10 and found it is still a bit nose heavy. It looked really neat in the air though and the removal of some nose weight really helped shorten the take off roll. With the Perry pumps the engines ran through the complete flights so that was a great relief. They are still a bit rich in the mid-range but w\o the pumps they just were not reliable enough to risk flying the model. I have since removed another ounce and ahalf from the nose and also decided to put some yellow on the leading edges of the outer wing panels because on final approach the OD just blended in with the surrounding foliage too much to let me be really comfortable with it. This thing is a challenge to build and fun to fly. Besides that, none of the other kids at the field have one! so, for my money it was worth the hassle to build it. The pumps added another 90 bucks to the investment though. I'm now waiting for the rain to quit so I can fly it again.