RCU Forums - View Single Post - Piranha Digital Peak Charger Opinions (& Charging Hobbyzone Batteries)
Old 06-15-2005, 09:19 AM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Piranha Digital Peak Charger Opinions (& Charging Hobbyzone Batteries)

The more I use this charger the more I like it. Yesterday I took an 8.4v 900ma pack and wanted to charge it quicker than I probably should. I set the charging amps to around 1.8 and I noticed that for a while the pack was charged at this rate, but as it went on the charger would lower the amps to 1.3, 1.1, or even as low as .8 amps. I kept feeling the battery through out the charge and it never got hot. So, for now on when I'm in a hurry I'll charge my packs at close to 2 amps for the Stryker/Challenger, as the charger appears to read the condition of the pack and safely lower amps as needed. When I'm ahead of my packs at the field I'll simply stay with the .9 amps for 900ma, 1.1 amps for 1100ma pack rule. Did some more testing and after peaking batteries on the Hobbyzone car charger several times and then plugging them into the Piranha I'm still getting 80 to 200ma of more juice in the pack and it isn't getting hot.