RCU Forums - View Single Post - Piranha Digital Peak Charger Opinions (& Charging Hobbyzone Batteries)
Old 06-17-2005, 09:15 AM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Piranha Digital Peak Charger Opinions (& Charging Hobbyzone Batteries)

Got a quick but somewhat unrelated question for you...Aren't there pretty much two types of cell sizes for various electric planes out there....Sub A and Sub C? The reason I'm asking is because I'm parting together and Extreme and just ordered two 10 packs of Sub C 3300ma cells with solder tabs. $25 per 10 pack aint bad. I'm going to solder two 7 cell packs and one 6 cell out of them for the Extreme. Anyway, now I'm wondering if I bought the right size cells? I'm almost positive that the bigger cells used in the Extreme are Sub Cs. By the way, batteryspace.com has some great prices. 7 cell 1100ma Nimh flight packs for the Challenger/Stryker are only $19.99 for TWO packs plus like $5 shipping. Have read nothing but good things about these packs and they are rated at 15C. Even comes with the proper connector. On the other hand, my 7 cell Venom 1100ma pack is acting slugish now...like a 6 cell. I drained it completely and am slow charging it at .1 amps...which should take around 11 hours. If that doesn't recover it then I guess I've got a toasted cell in there that needs replaced.