RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 01:55 AM
The Marsh Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF

Well I see that I am not the only one who has issues with this new plane from parkzone. I already fly the stryker and liked it untill the rx would lose reception at about 20 feet. Before I tell you about my experiances let me tell you what I feel the weak points are - The battery cover - it came off almost every landing or would at least mow some of the lawn, why could they not design a better non obtrusive cover, I have put some packing tape over it to aid in the retention of the cover. Handling - I don't know if I am too demanding, but this thing reacts awful slow, have you seen the response from the aileron servo? it takes about 1.5 to 2 seconds to go from one position to another, when you try acrobatic maneuvers, you really have to plan ahead. The elevator - The supplied tape came off after the first flight, I then used hinge tape that is still there and holding. Prop - This belly landing crap is killing me! the whole balance of this plane is to lean forward upon landing, I have gone through four props even though the landings were good ones! Flying characteristics - I feel that this plane is too sluggish, I have to fly it pretty much full throttle and it feels squirrely the whole time, trimming this thing is worthless since if you have the ailerons one way and then release the controls it does not go back to a nuetral position, but instead needs a little nudge to seat it again. Let us also use our own receivers so that we do not have a bunch lying around for each plane. How about selling a full plane without the receivers and transmitter for those major crashes.
My feeling is that Parkzone is nickel and diming us to death with al these fragile and cheap parts, I love the looks and the concept, but would not recommend this to anyone who did not want to spend more money and time on a plane that appears to be designed to crash or fall apart even when you fly it good. I do not feel that this plane flys very stable, the Wattage p-51 and the kyosho model both fly and perform much better. (Though they have thier issues too, but fly much better). So in closing I feel that with some improvements they may have a winner here! but untill they open their eyes and fly this thing for themselves, the next thing we will see is this plane flying into the sunset, without its battery cover!
Thanks