RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 09:50 AM
aramirez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF

Chesie2,

This airplane will fly if assembled exactly as the manual says, even with a half charged battery. Make sure you are using the control horn holes indicated, use the included 4 pieces of tape for the horizontal stabilizer. Align the elevator and ailerons as indicated. Do not modify a thing. Out of the box the propeller/spinner is design with a right/down angle. do not straighten it. Also aileron have more throw in one direction (cannot recall to where).

I got one a couple of days ago. The supplied charger is as expected, a battery burner. If leave unattended will overcharge, reducing flight time. I stopped it when the battery gets warm. I flew 2 times for each charge. Both flights were at full power for take off and climbing, then mostly half for sustained flight. The airplane did not needed much input to flight except when wind hit it. It can make this small plane tumble faster than the ailerons or my eyes can compensate for it. I ended up going to unplanned routes, but never crashed.

I never got a secure feel of control, it is quite a handful, wind can flip it in a split of a second.

Landing is better in tall grass or soft weeds. Tall grass stop the prop and slow down the plane so no damage is done. For take off, hand launch into the wind with the tallest grass in front of you so if it goes down it may not break.

Good luck.